My Approach to Tutoring
I believe all students have the potential to succeed in their studies, and I work with students to tailor their individual lesson plans to their own needs so that they can find success. Every student has the potential to find a passion and an interest in their studies, and this drive is essential for helping students succeed in their studies. When I tutor, I make my goal to help them find that drive for their education in addition to helping them improve their academic standings. I believe knowing is important, but thinking and enjoying is more important, and, through tutoring, I aim to teach students not only the material but studying and test-taking strategies that students can use to excel on their own. I set reasonable expectations for work that they should do outside of tutoring sessions to practice the strategies that we go over in session. I also have an extensive background in STEM journalism and STEM outreach with students, and I know how to connect academic subject matter to real life and make STEM subjects interesting and relevant. I look forward to working with you and your students!
My Tutor Profile
MCAT, SAT, ACT, highs chool and college math and science subjects.
B.S. in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Departmental Honors, May 2015
University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
M.D. Candidate, beginning fall 2017
Summary of my Experience
- Yale College Dean’s Office-Science and Quantitative Reasoning Peer Tutor 2014-2015
- College Bound-Math and Science Coach 2016-2017
- DEMOS - School Coordinator 2013-2014
- Yale Scientific Magazine Masthead – Synapse Outreach Events Coordinator 2014
- Vaccine Research Center, Clinical Trials Group, NIH- Postbaccalaureate Fellow 2016-2017
- Vaccine Research Center, Virology Lab, NIH- Postbaccalaureate Fellow 2015-2016
- Yale Rainforest Expedition and Laboratory – Student Researcher 2014-2015
- NIH Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award 2015-Present